Saturday, September 5, 2009

this week in review

This week has been full of fun
Over the weekend Cole lost his first tooth. He was so excited for the tooth fairy that he was up all night, kind of like Christmas right? But in the morning he felt under his pillow and felt nothing! I suggested he look again and when he pulled out his dollar, FYI I only got a quarter!, he looks up at me with a sad face and said, "Oh.... I thought I was going to get a DS"
I was completely shocked and stuttered for a moment as I tried to figure that one out... I told him that it didn't happen that way.
What else do you say?
We went to Anthony's soccer game on Tuesday so I could get out of the house and as I was watching Anthony I looked over at the playground and this is what I saw. I kept watching for about 5 minutes before I took the picture. Just in case you can't tell she is higher than that SUV on the right and standing at the top of the SLIDE.
She ran over to me about 10 minutes later and I showed her the picture, she looked at Tacey then at me and stated, " What, that wasn't dangerous." Please remember that she is 3!
As you know school started for the older kids last week but Bella got to start on Wednesday. The day before she was a little nervous and asked not to go, but by Wednesday she was ready. We drop Cole off first then just down the block is Bella's preschool. The teachers waited outside for her and when I asked her if she needed her mom to walk her in she said no! NO! How is a mom supposed to hold on to that lingering moment of she needs me when she just walks away and it is a NO!
After school she was so excited and when she got in the car, I asked her if she was okay and if she missed me, she didn't even have to think about it and said," NO" She really didn't miss me!!! She told me how much fun it was and what they did and how she met friends, because she didn't know anyone there. But she didn't miss me!!
On Thursday we had Cole's soccer game, this time I brought my camera. Although the older they get the harder it is to take pictures! He was just SILLY on the field the whole time and drove Joe and I crazy. It is hard to take that away and make him serious but at the same time he needs to know the when and where of silliness. He still has fun and that is important right now.
On Friday we had cement poured where we once had the most terrible weed patch EVER. It had those horrible pokey weeds that made you bleed and popped tires and tracked everywhere. Of course it was me and the kids who had to deal with the weeds because it was our parking spot. BUT NOW... I am so excited! Thank you JOE!
And today... Today is September 5th. It was supposed to be a magical day, it was my due date.... Guess what I think of due dates?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys have had some fun days lately! Good luck with that due date; I'm excited to meet this sweet new little one. :)