After camping and everyone left for there jobs! (Haha for you) The Talbots and my family were the only ones left here at Mom and Dads for a few days. Dad had promised Maren that she could learn to ride a horse on her visit so after Dad fixed up a suitable round corral, we all trooped down to enjoy taking turns on a horse.
Dad picked Princess because, well I don't know why, but she was picked. She has a bum leg but has been getting better on it. The kids decided to go in order from oldest to youngest so Maren got to be first. She got on Princess and Dad gave her the basics and she rode well. Princess got a little sassy and crow hopped across the middle of the corral, but Maren kept her cool and kept control.
Next was Taylor (she stayed back with me for the week) and she had Grandpa lead her around the corral.
Then it was Cole's turn. I am very glad to say that he has the Chappell horse gene! he got on her and rode her by himself. Princess crow-hopped across the corral again. He was so amazingly calm and cool when it happened. When his turn was over, he dropped the reins and said "I'm done" He forgot to make sure someone had a hold of the horse first.
Alcy and Bella each got a turn to be lead around and both didn't want their turns to be over.
Then it was my turn. Because Princess was so sassy, I wanted to take her out of the corral and ride her in the field. I rode her up toward the highway fence and she fought me alot. The best part came when I turned to head back and she wanted to go much faster than me and she reared up. It was BEAUTIFUL! I realized that I hadn't lost my horse riding DNA after all and that it was so ingrained in me that I am never going to lose it. I loved knowing that I was in control!
We rode again today but on Dunno and Ramona. Diantha and I took them on a short ride above the house to get them tired so there was no sassiness today. I fell in love with horseriding again. I think Diantha did too. We then rode them down to the field and each of the kids got another turn. This time Cole was led around and Taylor did it on her own. She was really good! Dunno did awesome with the kids. She did try to lay down and roll on Taylor but Grandpa stopped her.
Chappell DNA rocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment