Thursday, July 3, 2008

Is this Nettle?

So Tacey (and family) and I got to Mom and Dads Saturday before the camping trip and we were chatting with Dad. He was talking about how to fix my gross feet and lots of other stuff with natural plants. So he asked us to go up above the canal and get him some nettle to make a tea to help his arthritis.

Tacey and I wandered up there not sure where to find it. As we were looking at the canal it brought back very fun memories from when we were little. We also found the bridge that you have to cross to get across. It is still the rickety old board from when we were little! It was quite scary.

We found lots of nettle and us being our father's children we decided to play a joke on him. After getting ample supply of nettle we hacked off some sage brush and brought it home. We hid the bag of nettle and showed everybody the sage and said how proud we were that we had found the nettle. We were questioned by everyone on our intelligence of being able to tell the difference between sage and nettle. But the worst of all was when Dad got back and he looked at the sage and said "Well, ok."

Later I brought him the bag of nettle and he said, ''good thing, cause I was concerned!" Seriously even us who didn't go to PLANT CAMP can tell the difference between sage and nettle. I am concerned that he thought that we were really that bad at telling plants apart. Good thing he didn't ask us to go find something hard to find like cactus!!

No comments: