Friday, April 4, 2008
Love and Basketball or Volleyball
So I have committed to an active lifestyle. I am playing in 3 rec leagues each week. I am absolutely CRAZY!!
I play bball on Mondays which we never win, but man I can run without getting tired now! Tacey has captured many Wayne County girls to join up with us for intense contact sports. It is really fun to have a piece of home with us up here in the big city. Just last Monday I was yelled at for "tiptoeing through the tulips". You don't hear that everyday. I am trying to get pictures of us together, but usually we are all playing, and I don't have time to become a photographer, Maybe next time I will have a picture!
I also play Volleyball on Wednesdays and Thursdays, in two different leagues. Tacey is also involved in my Thursday league as well as some Wayne County Girls. I have decided that even though we come from a small town, we were good enough to compete with the girls up here! It is a good feeling to kick some city girls can, even though they played college!
I have even started diving, which in high school I wouldn't have even if you paid me.
My Wednesday league starts next week and it is a team of people I don't know. It should be fun, cause hey, its VOLLEYBALL!!
I was feeling guilty about being gone so much, but I decided that it is ok. I take my kids so they can watch me play, (it might be helpful later on in life) and I play sports that I enjoy! And I had better be in a lot better shape in June when the leagues are over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment