Friday, April 11, 2008

Being at home

Being at home is so hard! I am off track right now so I have 1 full month to be a stay at home mom and it is hard! It is hard to clean the house everyday, it is hard NOT to read books everyday and let everything go. But it is especially hard to entertain the kids. I don't know how to do it. Thank goodness it finally got warm, but when it was freezing outside they were out of control!! I can control 30 6th graders with my eyes shut, but a 2 year old and a 4 year old? WOW! I do love to be at home, don't get me wrong. Today for instance, I was doing my usual girl maintenance and 20 minutes later I had a pirate and a pirate princess painted and ready to go. They loved it and I had fun. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture before they disappeared outside. I have dreams of being this fabulous mom who teaches and plays and pretends. It just feels that the grownup parts get in the way, like cleaning and cooking and laundry. One day I will get it together, right?

No comments: