
This was the trip of my lifetime! I haven't had a vacation, other than a trip to see the parents, for many years.
I asked for my birthday to go somewhere, anywhere, even Wendover would have made me happy, and Joe picked San Diego!
We flew there Thursday night, late, and woke up Friday morning to 80 degree weather. I walked out to the beach and this is what I saw! We hung around the pool and explored the island a little bit. It was so great to know that it was cold at home and we were HOT! One unfortunate thing though is we spent a little too much time in the sun and suffered the consequences later on.That night we went to what the locals call PB, or Pacific beach, and ate a place called Gringo's. On our way there our cabbie said that PB was where all of the young people lived and the night life there was incredible! It was amazing to see everyone that was out that night, just at Gringo's. The thing that I noticed the most was that there wasn't a set fashion. I saw jeans, sweats, high heels, dresses, any type of clothes that you can imagine. It was awesome that it wasn't about what you wore!
Gringo's was a very popular place, it was loud and fun and loud. I kept thinking that I wanted to be there to enjoy it, until I got there, then I just thought I want to go somewhere QUIET! I want to be a fun night life person, but I am not, I probably never will be.

We walked down the the ocean, the real ocean and saw surfers and the waves, it was beautiful.


We got around San Diego in cabs. It is a surreal experience to trust random people to make sure you get where you need to get safely. I was amazed at their driving "techniques". Not one of them spoke English as their first language! One guy was folded up in the drivers seat just life a cricket folds up its legs. I bet the guy was over 6'5". I wondered how he could move the steering wheel!
We ate breakfast at the bar and grill on our resort. I can't explain how amazing it was to eat outside just like it was inside. Same temperature, no bugs. Idecided right there that I was going to make my outside like my inside. I am going to get a new deck and a patio, and patio furniture so I can be outside and still feel comfortable.
The first morning we ate, there was a mother duck and her ducklings just wandering between the tables back and forth. It was fun to see.We played in the bay just a little because it was COLD! I will post some pictures but yes I had a swimsuit on! Cole asked me where it was in one of the pictures! Embarrassing!!


On Saturday, My BIRTHDAY, we had a couples massage! It felt so good especially after being sunburned from the day before. After our massage we went back to the room and slept. It is amazing how much a massage wears you out. we layed around most of the day because the temperature dropped to a chilly 60 degrees and overcast, and windy that day.We spent the evening in Old Town San Diego. It was interesting history, but it isn't our thing really.
On Sunday we flew home and were so happy to see our amazing kids. They were lucky enough to spend the days with "new" grandma. She kept them very busy! They went to the Zoo, temple square and swimming in just one day. When I called home that night all Bella could say was "I want my bed!" Thank you Grandma for playing with the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment