Friday, February 17, 2012

a little bit a...

interesting facts... i thought that it was time to download my pictures off of my camera....



This is all I had on there....
I think I need to get out more.

Latest news....
Cole is playing basketball and loving it.  Although he did tell me at the beginning that it would be much better if the coaches would just let them play and not tell them what to do all the time.
What can you say to that?

Abigail is such a talker....
the moment she gets home from school until she goes to bed at night I feel that I am in a whirlwind of noise and nonsense.  She has so many good ideas and thoughts that I think that she is afraid that they will not get said unless she says them all at that moment.
She is learning to read and sound out words which is very exciting to her!  She loves to feel smart.
Abigail is still doing gymnastics, and if she had her way she would be doing it 5 days a week.
She is as messy as...   I was when I was little!   I am amazed at the amount of energy and "stuff" it requires for her to be creative in her everyday life.  But I do remember having the same problem long ago.  I had so much to do that I couldn't spend any time putting away what I had out or I wouldn't have time to do everything that I had to do.  Wow she makes me tired!

Vincent is ...getting so big!
Last summer I was trying to force him to potty train and he did really well until we went home and then it was to hard to do it while traveling. So I gave up.  He spent the next few months running around naked and did a fantastic job of going in the potty!  Then I gave up, it is sad but I got lazy.  He started wearing diapers all the time again, but... he hated the wet diaper on his bottom!  He would take them off immediately after going!  Then this last weekend he told me that he wanted to wear "unders" and he hasn't' looked back.  We still wear a diaper at night because that is not something i want to wake up to, but he is doing such a great job!  I did promise him that as soon as he is out of diapers he could sit in the back of the car with the big kids and have a new big boy seat, and as soon as he goes all night he can get a big boy bed.  He has one picked out and we have to check on it all the time on the internet!  

My favorite Vinny sayings right now are-- "tissue" instead of bless you
"mud" instead of blood, as in "you have mud on your cut?"
"what the..." as he cocks his head to the side. 
 Doesn't matter what is happening, if something falls, or someone talks, or the door opens.. it is so fun!

In other news...
WE'RE PREGNANT


no we aren't, but you got excited didn't you!


We are officially moving to ...
Japan!
We are going sometime in August and we are very excited!  We will be there for 3 years, 
and we would LOVE to have guests!!!
We will be in Tokyo, the kids will be in "International Schools" (expensive with BIG applications, we know how much I LOVE filling out forms!), Joe will be working with Sony, and I have NO IDEA what I am going to do with my time! 
I am kind of scared that I am totally clueless about the culture, the language, and living in that big of a city!  We will be in an apartment, ride the subway or train where ever we go, and I really hope I have more options than seafood and rice (I hate both!)
Our grand plan is to vacation to amazing places like the Great Wall of China, Australia, Singapore, Hawaii... so many amazing places to experience!  



3 comments:

Rachel said...

holy hell!
Okay, that was a shocker! I was thinking Mazatlan or somewhere like that, but Japan is far far far away! I am so glad you are brave. I have a few friends that swear Japan is the place to live. They love it there. They have gone over to teach English and don't want to come back!
Congrats and holy smokes. What an amazing experience for both you and those sweet kiddos. WOW!

ToRi and cReW said...

I about pooped when I read that you were pregnant cause I was worried he/she would be born in Japan and not a US citizen! Not nice...

Anyway, I am excited for your grand adventure but would be scared to death!!!

MeriAnn said...

That is awesome! I am so excited for you guys!