Sunday, September 11, 2011

Month in Review~

]
Vinnie and I played outside... ALOT! 
really he is so awesome that I sat in a chair and revelled in reading a book while he played by himself


we went to a small water park with our friends...

Vinnie and Lauren laying on the jets of water

Oh how he loves the sand...  and he loves it even more when someone digs a hole to roll around in!


We visited "the lady in the water" (Bella's version"
We just looked from a distance and had a picnic!

Vinnie and Lauren... Again.  Friends!

Joe kept warning me that the SOL was small and that it was not very cool.  I was dreading being disappointed by the great imagining in my head of the amazing lady and the amazing sight that the immigrants had when they arrived on the boats to Ellis Island.
I was not disappointed. I did not go to her nor did I go to Ellis Island but I was inspired.  It is amazing to think that so many people have viewed this view and all the thoughts and dreams that they had as they approached her.  Not just the immigrants from long ago, but everyone.  The people in NY as they see her everyday, the history buffs, the people like me who use her as a romantic interpretation of someone else's view. 
I shall go see her up close and whisper to her my dreams, and see if she whispers things back.  I will also walk around Ellis Island and in my mind's eye, see it as years ago when people waited hopeful and anxious to begin their life. 


Brooklyn Bridge from Liberty Park
I will walk across Brooklyn Bridge one day!

Manhattan from Liberty Park
I have been there!
(Not that amazing to this girl, who has seen amazing sights in her own backyard!)

So Joe gave me this IPad cause he loves me so much...
Yeah, Vincent has taken it over and demands most of the time that it is available.
I have resorted to hiding it or using it with the door closed, but somehow he always finds it.
Here he is using it in the airport when we were heading to Utah.  Already a pro!

I do have a picture of Cole!  Miracles!!

1 comment:

4Barb said...

Way to go!! I love it when I find you have updated your blog. It is one of those accidental wonderful things.(meaning I accidently find it)