Thursday, January 7, 2010
Dear Cole
Sometimes I spend so much time thinking about what you just did that drives me crazy that I forget to see YOU!
YOU are amazing at being a big brother, at being the oldest (no pressure there, right?), at being the man of the house when dad is gone, at being funny, at being my everything.
As I sat there looking at you tonight when you were stealing my quiet time, yet again, I realized how big you've become. You are growing so quickly and I feel that I miss so much of it. Every hectic morning as we are rushing out the door to school and as I drop you off, my heart gets a little sad because I know that I will miss you so much.
I LOVE the way you take care of me when I am sick, I LOVE the way you try to take care of me when I am sad or stressed.
I don't want to admit it but I feel relieved a little when you throw a fit, or yell, or just not listen....EXACTLY LIKE A FIRST GRADER SHOULD!
You have such a good heart, and you are so absolutely loving to everyone and everything.
I am so afraid that the next time I turn around you will be a teenager, or even worse ready to move on somewhere else. Just always remember that you promised that you will always live with me no matter what, even when I said no!
I love you little man. You make me very proud!!
Love,
Your Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen. I do the same thing. I just know before I realize they will all be grown up and wanting out. This was a very precious post. You should print it off and hang it on Cole's wall or something. He would like it.
Thank you for the reminder of how precious our time is with our kids. They grow up so fast, enjoy your little ones, before long they will be in school and you will have that quiet time. Then you wonder what do you do with yourself? It becomes to quiet.
Love ya much, (in tears as I read this)
Thanks Em, Love you too
Post a Comment