Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"AB- I- GAIL - IZ- A- BELLA!!!!!"

Ever since we had Bella, I have wondered, deep down, why we named her what we did. Her name is not a family name like the boys, and it was just two random names that Joe and I liked. I think I figured it out! We named her these two really looong names, so that when we yelled at her it took enough syllables to get her attention. She is at that age when it doesn't matter. I take that back! She is that girl that is set in her ways. Example #1: I have a garbage bag full of her "favorite toys", polly pockets, dressups, things that she HAD to have and play with! She could care less!! Example #2: the other night we asked her to clean up her mess in the house and she fought us. So we told her her choice was to go to bed or help clean up. Mind you this was at 6 oclock. She chose to go to bed. Not a fight at all, she got in her pajamas and laid on her bed. She was quite content to sit there. She came out to eat dinner, then walked to her room without a reminder. At about 8 she asked me to turn out the hall lights so she could go to sleep! Just like that! She could care less!! Example #3: today! Auuugh! I asked her to clean up 10 things in her room! Just 10 things!!! She wouldn't do it! Today is dance and she loves, loves, loves dance! I thought for sure she would do anything to go. Oh no! She sat in her room and played, in her dance clothes up until it was time to go. I had kept telling her that she wasn't going until she had done what I asked her to do. Still nothing! So right as dance was starting, I mentioned it to her for the thousandth time, and all of a sudden she cleaned. But really if I hadn't told her the time, She could care less!! Example #4: This morning at breakfast, Cole and Bella are eating calmly. Cole is dressed in his school clothes and she takes his cup of milk and pours it onto the counter. NOt only creating a huge mess, but Cole was covered in milk. I asked her what happened as she is calmly sitting there eating her food. And she mimes exactly what she did! With a smile on her face! She could care less!! I keep promising myself that this is just a faze, but is it, is it really?

2 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

I giggle, but only cause I have no idea how Brogan will be at that age.
I have no advice for you--I have never dealt with that. Kendal is quite stubborn/could care less -- maybe ask Rachel what she does.

I am sorry!

Emiko said...

Take a deep breath, now another, and another. Feel better? i have the same issueswith child #3 and #4. You know what my temper is like, big deep breaths and then I send in the big guns! Not Mark. April! Then i clean up the mess after with hugs and kisses. Do want my big gun?