Thursday, October 29, 2009
creepy crawlies
I am so with Tori, and I HATE being scared, scary stuff, dark corners, anything that could possibly hold something that would "get" me!
But I love Halloween!
Since Vince and not working, I am finding out that having holiday spirit, any holiday, is really hard when you stay at home and get stuck in the "rut" of yourself. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I really struggle with this. It might have to do with the big bad "swine flu" which guiltliy I force myself to stay home from fun things to make sure Vince stays healthy, or the fact that it is killer to get the whole newborn thing anywhere, with the diaper bag, the "do I wake him to go or just stay home", with addition to the other two darlings, who for some reason have ceased to be clean or even match when we go out.
I want to say that I try, but I don't! For instance in about 15 minutes my ward is playing VOLLEYBALL!!! and I have decided not to go. It is absolutely killing me, but Vince is asleep, the kids are filthy, the house is filthy, and I cannot see the value of getting them cleaned up and waking Vince up on the CHANCE that he will sit in his carseat while I play. Yes, I Mari, am CHOOSING not to go play volleyball!!
I am not sure what this world is coming to!
I cannot believe that the pull of the "rut" is keeping me from my one ultimate favorite pastime!
Now I am trying to jump out of the rut, don't get me wrong. I know that I am there and that I need to get out quickly! So for Halloween, I am making a creepy crawly dinner for the family! I am making blood worms and mummy dogs, with a drink of swamp fog! I will post pictures of it later (I hope)
Wish me luck with this big jump I am making!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Swamp fog? Where can I get this recipe?
Post a Comment