So today's my birthday...
Is there anything else to say? I wish I had that "oh my gosh, it's my birthday!" feeling that you have as a kid, but I don't.
I probably would have forgotten about it, but the kids asked me what day it was yesterday and I checked and said, in surprise, "oh, tomorrow's my birthday."
With shock on their faces, the little ones called their dad stating that they didn't have any presents for me, and Joe agreed to take them out shopping last night. (out till 9:00 by the way)
As I woke up this morning, All three kids were up and waiting..... for me!
Cole prepared me breakfast 45 minutes before I got up. It was a piece of bread with butter and sugar on it (he couldn't find the toaster) a glass of (warm) milk, and 3 pieces of Easter candy, beautifully arranged on my plate.
All day they keep asking me when I get to open my presents and cards and when can we eat cake and when will Dad be home and do we get to sing happy birthday and...
I have gotten so many hugs and I love you's.
It makes my day so much better when the people (kids) around me show the love that is always wrapped up in "hurry up we have to...".
I need to be more like them. I need to express my love for people instead of just assuming that they already know.
As for the day to day, it has not been too very exciting, raining... trying to get the kids motivated in cleaning (spring break), and this from my very smart Cole. "Mom, do you REALIZE how much we have cleaned the house in the last few days?" (With disgust) "We have like, cleaned the whole house every day!"
I explained to him that is what happens in my day and he said that it was okay because I LIKE IT! What???
I appreciate my very thoughtful sisters who each took the time out of their day to call me (all within 10 minutes this morning) and at 7 am Utah time! I miss you guys so much and I love all that you do for me. I love that we are all COMPLETELY different, and yet we are all so alike in many things. Thank you ladies! PS. I think it is time for a sister adventure again! aye?
5 comments:
I am so all over a sister trip again!!! I say we go to a beach or somewhere warm/fun!! I am game!
I am so in for a girl trip with no babies!!!
Happy Birthday!!! (okay so a little late)
I hope that you did have a wonderful day! Kids sure are funny about birthdays.
I hope you got my text that day... I know totally informal, but I thought of you!
So ready!!
Post a Comment