We are moving to Jersey! Joe recieved a position in a different part of PwC (his job) where he will be working in New Jersey. It came up very quickly and he interviewed and here we are.
Joe and I flew to New Jersey on Mother's Day and the next day we spent looking at houses to rent.
It is amazing what some people believe is livable.
We found 3 houses we liked and after 6 hours in a car driving circles I made the Real Estate Agent take me back to all three, which were not by each other, and we picked one.
FYI... I get car sick when I have to sit in the back seat and can't see where I am going... but it is even worse when someone from Jersey is driving! For those of us who have ridden with him, it was WAY worse than riding with Joe, and that is saying something!
We will be moving at the end of June to a small suburb called Hanover ( I hope). All of these suburbs are old and were settled by Italians. They are small "boros" and "townships". And for some reason once they found a name they stuck with it. For example. There is Morris, Morris Township, Morris Plains, and Morristown. Yep, all right next to each other.
It is about an hour away from NYC, an hour and a half away from Philadelphia and David and about an hour away from the Jersey Shore!
(Don't worry, we won't come back looking like this! We hope!! We are only going to be gone for two years, think of it as a "mission" , and supposedly we will simply return to our life here in sweet Centerville.
We are excited, scared, worried, interested, exhausted, stressed, thrilled, you name it we have felt it. But overall we are ready to try something new. When we told the kids what was happening, Cole's only request was that we are able to bring "monkey", and Bella wanted to bring everything... literally. She asked if we could pick up the house and take it there too. I will miss my glorious, wonderful, huge bathroom, the one over there is the size of a broom closet! I will miss my friends that Ihave found, I will miss my neighborhood, I will miss volleyball, I will miss my family... Most of all I will miss my Tacey. She has been my best friend for ...forever and it will be hard to not be able to run over to her house because I am bored or lonely and for her to take care of me when I need her too. (I rely on her way to much sometimes) But she WILL come and visit! Right Tacey? 6 weeks to go.... *Has anyone flown across country with a 10 month old before? Any hints...?



6 comments:
That does sound like a great adventure-but you will be missed! I will try to call Tacey more often for you-but I know it won't be the same. All I have ever heard is to make sure Vince is sucking on takeoff and landing, so their ears don't hurt. Lots of toys and books-and a portable DVD player is probably a good idea. Good Luck!
You know I will try my hardest to come see you! We are pretty reliant on each other. I think I will be pretty lost while you are gone. I might have to pick up some hobbies to take up the time that was spent with you (which is alot). You know I am here to help before you go- don't hesitate to call! I love you Mari and you will definitely be missed by us.
oh yes and by the way- thanks for opening the flood gates!!! holy cow i couldn't stop them. I am afraid this is not the end of them. But anyways- love you
Oh Mari- how fun/scary/sad/exciting for you!
I know you will miss your Tacey and she will miss you so much!
Please don't do your hair like Snookie....
If you see Tony Soprano tell him hi from Jared and I....
Please blog way more often when you are gone!!
The first thing I thought when I read this was, "what will you and Tacey do without each other???" and the second thing I thought was, "what a grand adventure awaits you and your family!"
This really is exciting, Mari! New Jersey has got to be full of memories waiting to happen. The BEST of luck to you and your cute family...so glad we can keep up with you via blog world :). Hey, those Jersey girls could use a stellar volleyball player.
for some hormonal reason, you made me cry
but it will be a blast!
Post a Comment