Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I look out my window and what do I see...

i see a truck on fire! No kidding!!

This is not on the side of the freeway, or at a junkyard, or even in the bad part of town. It is in my little circle that is quiet and pretty and very average suburbia!
I guess the kid who had the truck left his amplifier on? and it got to hot and started burning... I am obviously not familiar with electronics, but was it wired right, how come the truck was turned off, yet the amp was still on? Anyway it burned the truck clear down to bare metal inside and out. It also melted a back tire, but interestingly enough it did not touch the ipod in the truck. How weird is that? It also did not touch the car next to it, luckily.
It took the cops barging into the house to find the kids who were at the house. At least 4 neighbors called the house, including me, and did not get an answer. They said that they were "recording" for their band. It also took at least 15 minutes for the fire department to get there from 2 miles away. Please bless that nothing of mine catches on fire!!

3 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

I have heard of that happening.... I think that it is when it is wired wrong, but I am electronically impaired.

Lori said...

Ha ha
I mean stupid kids.
What I should have said it that is terrible. If it was Joe's truck I would have cried, but Joe is smarter than that. :)

Family of ARTISTS said...

What an interesting week youv'e had. Evil swingsets and now this down the street. Nothing is this exciting ever happens in my block.